Get 24X7X365 Vessel’s ASE Current GPS Report
Vessel Current GPS Report Generated Over EMail By HQs Shore-Side User 24X7X365
When Pirates Get Onboard
It’s been noticed worldwide that many times, due to pirates managing to get onboard vessels while in the HRAs, vessels are completely lost from the radars…First thing pirates do is to completely destroy/take down vessel’s communications, including all onboard Inmarsat, Iridium and AIS systems.
… and Inmarsat Can’t Track Offline Vessel’ SatCom Systems
In this very unfortunate incident, Inmarsat has to be notified about a possible piracy attack, in order to trace a vessel, in order to check with their NOC and trace ship’s communications. But it’s very late at that moment usually, as ship’s satcom systems are down by pirates onboard, thus vessel cannot be traced…
a HQs Shore-Side Security PIC
Simply EMails Vessels’s ASE Iridium Citadel system
to get vessel’s Current GPS Report.
In such unfortunate incidents, it is not late for vessels/fleet equipped with the ASE Marisatcom Iridium Citadel anti-piracy solution. All a shipping company’s Shore-side Security PICs has to do is to generate a vessel’s Current GPS Report, including heading, speed and coordinates.
The ASE Marisatcom Iridium Citadel anti-piracy solution delivers numerous security benefits to both:
- people onboard vessels while transiting the HRAs and,
- vessel’s shipping company’s HQs colleagues
Shore-side Security PICs can perform various remote tasks by email for their vessel/fleet’s equipped with an ASE Marisatcom Iridium Citadel anti-piracy solution.
So provided the onboard ASE Citadel hidden Iridium terminal is switched-on, the shore-side Security PIC will generate vessel’s Current GPS Report, including heading, speed and coordinates.
Shore-side shipping company’s HQ PIC (no matter if located at the office or on the other side of the planet), for as long as has internet connectivity and an email client, can remotely request their vessel’s current position + heading, speed and coordinates
- The request must be an (SMS) email message with a valid password and valid message format,
- All the shore-side user has to write in their email client is: Vessel’s Iridium ASE Number, ASE#<password>#POSITION:?#
Shore-side user email example to request vessel’s Current GPS Report
Sample Get-At-Will by email 24X7X365 Vessel’s ASE Current GPS Report
The replied vessel’ current GPS report will get back to the requester’s email address:
Sample ASE Marisatcom Hidden Iridium Citadel Anti-Piracy Vessel Generated GPS Message Report Delivered To HQs EMail Address
Shore-side HQs’ email address gets automatically an email message containing the below vessel info:
• Vessel Name and Send-Message-To-email-address must have been configured by the user during/shortly after ASE ComCenter installation.
• The alert will NOT be sent if:
º an email address has not been configured.
º the ASE ComCenter is switched off*
º the ASE ComCenter link to the satellites is not available*
* To check the health of your onboard ASE ComCenter at any vessel for your entire fleet (ASE unit is on, has link to the satellites, etc.):
- simply run (from the comfort of your email client) an ASE Remote Periodic GPS Report, between 30 minutes and 1 week.
- if you judge you don’t want to run the health report (say when your vessel/fleet is out of the HRA), simply remotely Deactivate the Periodic GPS Report.